Gryrnese Stuffed Pasties
Eljuuno , or Cone Tree Leaf Juice is used as both a beverage, when diluted, and as a flavoring agent in foods. Eljuuno may be added to many different foods, and also may be provided as a condiment in restaurants.
1 kg Cone Tree Leaves
1 kg Honey
1 tablespoon plum juice
1.8 Liters Water
1. Pick the Cone Tree Leaves fresh and wash them well (dirt does NOT make this tastier) then drain.
2. Rub the leaves gently with 1 tablespoon of salt, then wash and drain again.
3. Pour the water into a pot and bring it to a boil. Add the leaves, then cook until the color has bleached into the water (this usually takes no longer than 2-3 minutes, but cooking longer is no sin. This is strong in the first place, anyway...) Remove the pot from the heat and remove the leaves from the juice.
4. Add the plum juice and honey and stir until dissolved.
5. Bottle and allow to cool.
This is a VERY STRONG drink, so you usually would dilute it with water (3-4 parts water for one part juice, depending on how much you like the taste) when you're bringing it out to drink. It can also be used as a syrup for flavoring other dishes.
Return to Cuisine Section
Return to Front Page
All Website Contents, including all characters, images, artwork, text, and any other contents are Copyright 2000
by Jennifer Diane Reitz
All Rights Reserved Worldwide
You may link to this site freely!
You may FREELY use any UNICORN JELLY title image as a link button!